Being a port city, Cochin also offers a variety of rich non-vegetarian cuisine comprising of an impressive range of seafood delights like 'Meen vevichathu'. There's also a host of dishes made of chicken, lamb and fish. The rich base of coconut makes Cochin cuisine very delicious and gives it a special flavor of its own. Apart from these, there are also many fast food eating joints in Kochi like Pizza Hut, Chic King, Hot Breads et al. Or you can also try out the multi cuisine restaurants, where they also serve continental, Thai and Chinese.
Some regular restaurants serving local dishes are:
- Sri Krishna Cafe (Gujerati road, Mattanchery) They serve
amazing Stuffed Parotta & Vegetable Masala Dosa.
- Art Café Here, you get really delicious Banana and
Chocolate cakes. The coffee served at the café is also pretty
- Arya Bhavan All kinds of basic Tamil food is served here
- Palms Restaurant (Metropolitan) It is bit expensive, but
the menu includes really authentic and sumptuous local cuisine.
- Some other good restaurants in Kochi are Salt N Pepper, Solar Café, Fort House Restaurant and Kashi Art Café.
- Pandhal on MG road is a family restaurant. They also have
an attached pastry counter.
- Renaissance on MG road offers Continental, Chinese and
Thai food, apart from Indian dishes.
- Tharavad is located on Willingdon Island. This is Casino hotel's coffee shop and a variety of cuisines are available here throughout the day.